Nice breather...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Easy Livin’ 3000

Minister of Fire
Dec 23, 2015
SEPA
Currently 63°. Nice to be able to take the foot of the gas for a few days and burn up some shoulder season chunks, real casual-like. The end is in sight...

I usually figure on March being when we start to see a break with warmer days and the cool nights . . . but I typically keep burning until April or May.

Reactions: Easy Livin’ 3000
Its a balmy 23 right now heading for a low of 7...BUT some 40s projected for the upcoming week!

I has been cold all season here. I have RIPPED through the wood pile. I welcome the milder temps we have now.

I'm guessing, but I'd say the mild winter last year and the cold winter this year, probably even out to average wood useage overall.

You midlanders are hearty folks! 40s sounds like it might be short sleeve weather for you.
It has been a long winter this year for sure! Below avg. temps have been the norm.You do what you have to do.

I see a 47, 58, 65 forecast mid-week. :) Time to clean the glass, maybe drop the combustor scoop and see if the cat needs to be vacuumed (doesn't look bad, from what I can see.) Might check my one SIL's chimney..her buildup seems faster than anyone else's here. Then it's back to reality with low-40s highs.