Nice deal I think

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chrisasst

Minister of Fire
Aug 13, 2008
cortland ny
I just bought a brand new augur motor off of craigslist for englander stove for $60. Thats about 1/2 off so I could resist. nice to have a back up.

how many rpms? Cw or ccw rotation?

Should have stated it, atleast they say it is, the OEM from englander.
PU-047040 Auger Motor
1 R.P.M. Auger Motor

IMG_20120206_120805.jpg

Doesn't hurt to have a spare, Mine were still working although I revived the lower one with WD40 about a year ago. I got two spare motors from Surplus Center, they are continuous duty and heavier than my original Englander Merkle-Korff motor. I put one on about two weeks ago to give it a test, works fine. Keeping the original for backup

These motors seem to becoming generic, the label on the coil and stamp on the gearbox show GGM, I googled GGM and here is the link. This appears to be manufacturers site, no retail info. I wonder if Englander has a new source.

Sorry bad link, click on our products, motors and gearmotors and scroll down.
http://www.tandcasia.com/

Bought one through CSH for about that price.

For a little more, you can buy a Gleason Avery unit. Very Heavy Duty Motor, Bearing, and Casing.

Status
Not open for further replies.