Nice little log splitter

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Flatbedford

Minister of Fire
Mar 17, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
Saw this on Long Island, NY Craig's List

http://newyork.craigslist.org/lgi/grd/2603465489.html

I have a 2011 Bells Series 8000 Firewood Processor with 240 hours on it with a stacking conveyor for sale. Built specifically to do large wood it comes standard with a 60″ circular blade, and a massive 6″ 42 ton splitter cylinder. It features the Bells exclusive single joystick control, fingertip auto cycle splitter, heated operators cab, tandem 7000lbs axles with trailer brakes, and trailer lights to keep you legal going down the road. Maximum log diameter is 27″ and maximum log length is 30′. It comes standard with a 4 strand live deck. It features a 127 hp John deere diesel engine and can produce up to 4 full cord of hardwood per hour. I am asking $67,000 or best offer give me a call (914) 906-7161

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 2603465489

3na3m13oe5Q15W25R2b9ha6e1d3e7a3c115d1.jpg

3o83pf3l85Y55T35R4b9h12fa4e8eba791aa8.jpg

What a monster! How the heck can you make any money selling firewood when you pay $67,000 for this machine?

Easy, just charge $5,000/cord. Then the question is where to find customers...

I could buy saws, splitters, and hire help for 67,000......

For sure you would want to have an established business before buying something like that and it would have to be a big business. We had a fellow who had a big rig and used to be set up beside a highway. He had a big business because he would cut year round. He had a large barn for storing the wood too and I recall one time seeing the barn empty and two weeks later it was full. We went past about a month later and it was empty again. He has since moved but I think he is still in business. He would sometimes take his machine right into the woods and at other times he or others would haul logs to his place. He could process a lot of wood in a little time. Got to watch him a couple times and it was interesting.

How much is firewood down there? 4 cord an hour would generate some revenue if you had the rest of the orchestra in place.

Around $200/cord around here. You would need a ton of logs and some more heavy machinery to keep that thing going.

I saw that one ad on CL yesterday, also.....was gonna post it here.....you beat me to it. Was feelin a bit lazy ;-) . Yeah - 67k is a little out of most folks budget.

Flatbedford said:
Saw this on Long Island, NY Craig's List

What a monster! How the heck can you make any money selling firewood when you pay $67,000 for this machine?

$1.00 per cubic foot at the grocery and convenient stores ?

I am currently helping a friend get going in the wood business. We joke that the easy way to make a million in the wood business is to start with two.... So any way we could definitely use that machine. The idea is to have the product ready to burn, in stock, with an open hand. We figure to be really honest is the best, we wont sell if it wont burn. :smirk:

Theres a guy working in my town right now with a processor, hes getting paid to clean up tornado damage and hes selling the wood too, cheap, I called him and got a messge saying he not taking any more orders til November and this was a couple weeks ago.He probably processes the wood faster than he can deliver it.

Status
Not open for further replies.