1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Nice Score for an upcoming winter

Post in 'The Wood Shed' started by Superlite, Feb 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Superlite

Superlite New Member

Loc:
    Eastern PA
    It has been a busy collecting for me here in PA. Last week a big white Ash was taken down at the SPCA, got all of that wood, and today i started hauling this home. we brought home 1 trailer so far and it is a lot of wood.. barely even put a dent in it, me an the wife filled up the whole trailer, not a thing under 36" cut them all at 20" or so. Maybe tomorrow I will get pics of this and the ash after we get another trailer load. They also have some white ash but it is quite rotten..

Attached Files:

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Doing The Dixie Eyed Hustle

Doing The Dixie Eyed Hustle Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Ridge, LI, NY
    Very nice !!!

Get 'em split ;-)

What are your plans for that?
  3. jpl1nh

jpl1nh Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Newfields NH
    Whew, that's some big wood. You'll learn how evenly your saw is sharpened in a hurry trying to make cuts meet in a log that big. What is it? Red oak? I thought you would get Dogwood at the SPCA. :lol: :lol: :lol:
  4. Superlite

Superlite New Member

Loc:
    Eastern PA
    I am not really sure what that tree is, I have a strong feeling in is KY Coffee Tree. I nicked the pavement on my first cut, and had to put a quick sharpen on the chain and it didn't work too well, the tops of the cutters were too beveled down from the asphalt. So I switched to an old chain and it was pretty bad. I didn't think the wood was that big when I drove past on a different road or I would have taken a more appropriate saw. Some of it is going to go through the mill though, I can't burn all of that it.... it is getting harder and harder to find large older growth trees to mill into lumber. As for the SPCA the Ash tree was growing in the pet cemetery.. I guess it would have been a dogwood in at a different location.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.