Nj

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Occo370

Jan 23, 2010
Jersey Shore
Wife put on heat today. So... Off it went put some pine in the stove My sons and I are relaxing infront of it watching tv. Life is good

Yup, me too. Got my third and last load in for the night. 45 outside, 78 inside and feeling good. Had to work outside today so the stove feels extra nice being cold and wet. Looks like a warming trend so it will be a few days until the next lighting but it sure does feel nice.

It's nice to have that smell and warmth again

Occo370 said:
It's nice to have that smell and warmth again

Chiming in from Northern New York, have some cherry coals burning down. Had the stove top temp close to 700 then I backed it off at 650 and let it cruise for two hours.

zap

Damp and cold! I tossed in a few pine splits today... then opened the windows to get the dusty smell out!!

My wife had a little fire going last night. It had just about burned out by the time I got home from work. It was still nice to feel the heat coming off the stove. I don't think we will going crazy with the stove just yet. We actually enjoy a cool house for a change. The summer was brutal!

yup nice and warm here had the stove at 700 and now its crusing at 600-650 trying to get the bugs outta this setup before its REALLY needed

Status
Not open for further replies.