1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

No heat coming from harman stove

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by rhschumaker, Mar 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rhschumaker

rhschumaker Member

Loc:
    Western MA
    We have a year old p38 and noticed tonight that where we had a flame, etc. there was no heat blowing from stove. The combustion blower is turning but the distribution blower is not turning. However, you can easily move it with a screw driver so I don't think there is anything stuck in there. Could it be the ESP? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. rhschumaker

rhschumaker Member

Loc:
    Western MA
    Okay, everything cooled down, we ran a test and the distribution blower came on as it should during the test. I'm assuming based on what we've read that it could most likely be the ESP? Thoughts? How easy is this to change? Husband is very mechanically sound. Any info on how to replace ESP?

Thank you!
  3. MSmith66

MSmith66 Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Central NY
    Very easy to replace, just unscrew and unplug from control board and put new one in. Maybe 10 mins tops.
  4. rhschumaker

rhschumaker Member

Loc:
    Western MA
    Not to be a dope but can you tell me what it looks like on the panel or give me some direction as far as where to go to see what it looks like? Again, thank you!
  5. rhschumaker

rhschumaker Member

Loc:
    Western MA
    Never mind - obviously it's going to look exactly like the part you're putting in. Sorry - no coffee yet when I replied.
  6. Bxpellet

Bxpellet Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Bronx, NY
    Your ESP is on the exhaust part of your stove, before you connect the adapter for your vent, unscrew it and it slides out, it has 2 black wires connected to it almost looks like a silver thermometer when you pull it out
  7. toastyinri

toastyinri Member

Loc:
    Rhode Island
    If your ESP has never been cleaned after a year of burning, it's possible thats all it might need. Windex and a paper towel should do the job. Try cleaning before replacing. ESP is a "silver" color when its clean.
  8. rhschumaker

rhschumaker Member

Loc:
    Western MA
    It was filthy - cleaned it, fired up the stove and works as it should! Thank you!!!
  9. toastyinri

toastyinri Member

Loc:
    Rhode Island
    Happy to hear that worked for you. I usually clean mine after every ton burned. Don't forget to vacuum out any dust that settles into the fins of your distribution blower and combustion fan. I use a toothbrush to clean off build up on fins of combustion blower located behind ash box. (on Harman Advance, don't know where it's located on yours)
  10. rhschumaker

rhschumaker Member

Loc:
    Western MA
    Will do. Thanks again for all your help.
  11. nick_ide

nick_ide New Member

Loc:
    Northern VA
    Do you remove the ESP to clean it ? Or do you just reach the toothbrush through the vent ?
  12. toastyinri

toastyinri Member

Loc:
    Rhode Island
    My hand is small enough to fit through the vent to clean it. I use paper towel and windex to clean it. The toothbrush is used to clean the fins on the combustion blower although I supppose it would work equally well on the ESP. Be careful not to bend it. The best cleaning is through the back of the stove by disconnecting the venting, the ESP is easier to reach there,,,but it's a pain to disconnect the tee and turn the stove around...so that gets done that way either at the end of the burning season or before the next one when I flush out the venting of carbon.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.