1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

No heat needed today! Anyone else out there?

Post in 'The Green Room' started by VCBurner, Feb 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VCBurner

VCBurner Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Templeton, MA
    We had a high of 42f outside. The house was 71 this morning, but the fire had long gone out. By noon it had reached 68. I openned the shades on our big picture window to let the sun warm up the house to 70.
    Right now we are at 68. I have not had the fire going at all today for the first time since October or November! Kind of feels good, as much as I love the fire!! I'll probably go downstairs and light it up as soon as I see 67 on the thermostat (or maybe I'll just go without just to see what happens with our low of 26 tonight.)

No heating of any form today, except the sun. Have any of you gone without any heating today?

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Fi-Q

Fi-Q Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Bonaventure, Quebec
    No power here in Southern Ontario this morning.... not too cold, approx 30.... but we DO need heat. So the gas fireplace is going hot in the basement...... can'T wait for hte spring to be On with a lot of sun shining....

Lucky you...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.