no one said this would be easy

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

splitoak

Nov 6, 2013
Jefferson Co, WV
Well just finished up fer the day worked a couple hrs cuttn and stackin some red oak and BL...should be ready 2016 burn season..;)

Attachments

• no one said this would be easy
    20140201_133845.jpg
    365.4 KB · Views: 225
C'mon, admit it, you had fun:cool:

You're splitting the two nicest splitting woods. Way to go. Great mix to burn too.

Looking good! I've got a lot of red oak, maple and birch split this year. Hopefully it will get fairly dry in the next 12 months or it will be another long winter ::P

Looks great - did the same today - nice day for working outside here in NH. As a little bit of advice - when you crib those corners - be sure that the splits don't hang from the end with no support - try to keep them level and as much contact between levels as possible. Takes a little practice, but I learned the hard way and if the stack won't be burned for years, you'll probably find the corners falling down. Also - it saves time to not crib the centers - just straight stack the middles. Hope you enjoyed the day! Cheers!

Attachments

• no one said this would be easy
    IMG_3535 (1024x768).jpg
    223.9 KB · Views: 176
Reactions: billb3 and splitoak
NH_Wood those stacks are beautiful

Thanks for the insight NH...this is my first year burning...im going this alone..lol..its so nice to have people that share your interests to give u a helping hand along the way...what a great bunch of guys....like i said..no one said this was
Gonna be easy...==c

Loving these stacks, I'm jealous but working towards that! Very nice billb3

Great wood splitoak. If that were here, we would not burn it until the winter of 2017-2018. Two years just is not as good with oak but three years makes all the difference.

Thanks for the insight NH...this is my first year burning...im going this alone..lol..its so nice to have people that share your interests to give u a helping hand along the way...what a great bunch of guys....like i said..no one said this was
Gonna be easy...==c
No worries - I've learned so much from the guys on this site - happy to share some of what I've learned so far - always something new to learn about a process that you'd think would be quite simple! Thanks for the nice comments on the stacks guys. I probably spend WAY too much time just sitting with a beer and looking at them! Cheers!

Reactions: splitoak
Status
Not open for further replies.