Normal exhaust temps

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

olmec

Burning Hunk
Oct 31, 2014
NH
What are some normal exhaust temps to shoot for to avoid creosote build up? Couldn't really find a good answer pertaining to pellet stoves. Just wood stoves.

I'm a 1 season newbie, and don't mean to sound like a wiseguy, but one of the benefits of a properly-running pellet stove versus wood is that creosote, or the chance of it should be virtually non-existent. But if there's exhaust temp data to be had, you'll certainly find it here from the many knowledgeable people in this forum.

From what I just got from reading Duravent product brochure no more than 570 continuous at max. Which is pretty wasteful. Several stoves have issues with low temps causing condensate in any extended vent lengths. Some stoves have issues with running in cold enviroments and products of burning a solid fuel can collect on the exchangers.

Reactions: olmec
I'm a 1 season newbie, and don't mean to sound like a wiseguy, but one of the benefits of a properly-running pellet stove versus wood is that creosote, or the chance of it should be virtually non-existent. But if there's exhaust temp data to be had, you'll certainly find it here from the many knowledgeable people in this forum.
It happens. It's still wood. In my case, I'm trying to run a 70k btu stove in shoulder season.

Status
Not open for further replies.