North america pellet = junk

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dmaclaren

Dec 8, 2010
Seacoast, NH
I have burned Green Team, Fireside, Currans this year without any build up in the burn pot and avg. ash. This pallet of the North or Nothern american that I got at Lowes is leaving huge piles of hard formed ash in the burn pot. I am finding that I have to clean that out of the pot on a daily basis.

Any one else find this build up? It looks like melted plastic in chunks. And the soot inside the unit, ugggg....

The good thing is that I only had a pallet and I have been burning way past what I thought I would. I am going to mix these in with other bags next year. I am thinking 2 bags of GT & one this junk.

Did the bag look like these?

Attachments

• ce43e0138300eb98aad587492745826b_M.jpg
    ce43e0138300eb98aad587492745826b_M.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 547
How do the pellets look? Are they soft, damp, short, long, normal size?

Eric

j-takeman - YES
Pyro Extraordinaire - Normal I believe. I'll have to focus on that tonight and open a bag of GT to compare. I'll put up photos

I used these resently from lowes and i had no issues with them except the smell was awful. They burned nice for me with the normal ash but that dam smell.....????

Status
Not open for further replies.