North Country wood pellets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jtakeman

Minister of Fire
Dec 30, 2008
Northwestern CT.
www.facebook.com
Just wondering if anyone has heard or purchased any North Country Wood Pellets? A local pellet house is offering them at a reasonable price. If there any good I might purchase a ton.

Please post any info!

I only found this.

North Country Wood Pellet sources only premium grade wood pellets from Canada and the United States. To ensure a clean and efficient burn, our product adheres to the following characteristics:

* Less than .05% ash
* 5 - 6% moisture
* 8500 BTU's per pound
* Contamination free!

Site link is here: http://northcountrywoodpellets.com/product.htm

TIA
jay

HAWL said:
Who's selling them and how much are they?

I'd post the info, But its only for currant costumers right now. I will post a site link when they have it on there site.

Price really isn't all that great at $259/ton. There are still better deals out there anyway.

jtakeman said:
Just wondering if anyone has heard or purchased any North Country Wood Pellets? A local pellet house is offering them at a reasonable price. If there any good I might purchase a ton.

Please post any info!

I only found this.

North Country Wood Pellet sources only premium grade wood pellets from Canada and the United States. To ensure a clean and efficient burn, our product adheres to the following characteristics:

* Less than .05% ash
* 5 - 6% moisture
* 8500 BTU's per pound
* Contamination free!

Site link is here: http://northcountrywoodpellets.com/product.htm

TIA
jay
jtakeman I have two tons of these pellets there just michigans with a diffrent name good heat not many fines alittle more ash than normal all and all a decent pellet I bought mine for 249 a ton.

mnkywrnch,

Thanks for the info and the links.

Michigans were a good pellet for me last year, But I am still looking for great pellets for less than $250/ton.

My local TCS has sales all summer long(10% to 25% off) I'll be looking for them and There Lignetics or Rocky Mountains.

But as a last resort. These wouldn't be too bad at $259/ton.

Thanks again
Jay

Report says:
8316 BTU/lb as received
0.39% ash as received
4.24% MC as received

Thinking of giving a few bags of these a try myself. Anyone try any lately?

Ohhhh....What a difference a few years makes!
Back in 2009 when this thread was first posted, the North Country pellets were re-bagged Michigan Wood Pellets out of Holland, MI. I know this because back then I was selling them. Today, Michigan no longer sells wood pellets under the brand name North Country. But, interestingly enough, there is a sawmill in North Alberta called Manning Diversified Forest Products. They have begun making wood pellets and bagging them in a bag labeled as North Country. One mill has absolutely nothing to do with the other, nor was Manning DFP even aware of the previous "North Country" when they chose their brand name. Just a coincidence. But I bring this to your attention because back when this thread was originally posted, the North Country were not the same as today's North Country.
Same name, totally different pellet.

Reactions: briansol
Ohhhh....What a difference a few years makes!
Back in 2009 when this thread was first posted, the North Country pellets were re-bagged Michigan Wood Pellets out of Holland, MI. I know this because back then I was selling them. Today, Michigan no longer sells wood pellets under the brand name North Country. But, interestingly enough, there is a sawmill in North Alberta called Manning Diversified Forest Products. They have begun making wood pellets and bagging them in a bag labeled as North Country. One mill has absolutely nothing to do with the other, nor was Manning DFP even aware of the previous "North Country" when they chose their brand name. Just a coincidence. But I bring this to your attention because back when this thread was originally posted, the North Country were not the same as today's North Country.
Same name, totally different pellet.

I noticed that. Have you tried any lately?

Woodstone USA was a subsidiary of Woodstone International out of Germany. They were headquartered in Hingam, MA and had plans to build two pellet plants in the USA. One in New Hampshire and one in Massachusetts. Unfortunately, money dried up (2009 was a tough year for everybody) before the ground even got broken which was too bad because I did a good amount of business with them (This was the company that was able to successfully rail Michigan Pellets into the New England area.) and they were a great model of a company and great to do business with.

Jay, have you tried the easy blaze yet? good bang for the buck IMO. they are trowing heat out like the cubex i did a few years ago....

youre welcome to steal a bag from me if you want.

and actually, me and the gf are going to the movies up there across from ford either tonight if i get home from work at a reasonable hour, or on sat night (living social groupon type deal.... 2 tickets 2 sodas 2 popcorns for 11 bucks!), so i could bring a bag with me if you want to try and meet me there.

Status
Not open for further replies.