North Shore Mass Members is everyone OK

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GVA

Minister of Fire
There was a huge explosion here early this AM about 2:45 just wondering if any local members are affected and/or OK
I've been posting in "the perfect picture" under N.D. Touchdown
Let us know how your doing..........

Yep. Big blasts at a chemical plant north in Danvers. Flattened houses and knocked some off the foundations.

Praying for folks is in order here.

BrotherBart said:
Yep. Big blasts at a chemical plant north in Danvers. Flattened houses and knocked some off the foundations.

Praying for folks is in order here.
Started praying about 18 hours ago.......... hope it helped!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :blank:

This was about 10 miles south of my sister-in-laws place. No reports of fatalities or major injuries which is no small miracle.

BeGreen said:
This was about 10 miles south of my sister-in-laws place. No reports of fatalities or major injuries which is no small miracle.

It blew out windows a mile and a half from the blast and was heard two states away. They say the only reason more people were not hurt was that they were in bed and the flying glass flew over them.

Wow, the big chunk of insulation found on the car in Peabody, 2 miles away gives one a sense of the power of the blast. I've been in Danvers a couple times, and never noticed the chemical plant. I imagine there is a lot of talk in the coffee shops today about having such a plant close to a residential area.

Webmaster said:
Pics look like it was on a hillside headed down to the river - another good thing since a lot of the blast was probably sent upwards or into the hill.

Hopefully, most Hearth.com members tend to live just a little further away from chemical plants!
It's not really a hill there It's pretty flat in that area, and it's the same on this side of the river, well it's not really a river its the Atlantic ocean there, Maybe a half mile to the harbor.
A neighbor of mine down the street had the glass doors blow out of her fireflace from the shockwave.
Across the street from the plant is a large propane distributer still intact, up by the mouth of the river is a large NG tank (about half a mile) I doubt most of the people that still have a house there will be moving. Many people in the area didn't even know the plant was there...

There are alot of people around here that have pellet stoves and woodburners and since I've seen several north shore people that post on the forum i'm sure there are many that don't have a location setup under member info, I hope all is well.

Status
Not open for further replies.