Northern American Pellets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Steph2078

Nov 15, 2008
MA
Hey there.. did a quick search and could see anything on these, so if there is I apolozige!

Anyone know if these pellets are any good?

We've been using Green teams for the last two years with Barefoots for the really cold days.. but now Lowes doesn't have them anymore.

Northern American or Inferno any good? HD has Fireside. But I need to grab a quick ton -best for cheap money... until I can restock early this summer! :)

Or Logik-e at the local pellet store but still $40-60 higher

Thanks for your help!

I've used several brands so far and have found North American to burn the best of those tested in my stove. They may be a little more ashy than some but not that bad. I grabbed a ton from HD for $197 in December and will be buying more.

Never heard of northern american, But North American has some threads here.

https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/87695/

Somewhere in the middle of the road from what I saw from them. If the price is reasonable I woundn't have any issues with them for all but the coldest part of the season.

I'd pass on the inferno's. I didn't have much luck at all with them. One of the worst I have tested in my beast. With any pellet you shouldn't take our word and its best to try some if at all possible JIC.

Must be why I couldn't find anything on them! That's what the lowe's guy told me on the phone! Thanks for your help... I'll have to grab a few!

Steph2078 said:
... I'll have to grab a few!

Don't buy too many....they're not all that great....barely a shoulder season pellet, unless you get them VERY cheap.

I am testing these in my pdvc and I don't think they are all that bad actually. Of course it is not that cold today, so I guess that is not saying much.
I am up in the air though, I need pellets. Lowes has these for $244/ton I can get Appalachian at tsc ( or not sure what their flavor of the week is this week) for $219/ton or barefoots delivered for $290/ton. I might go with the cheaper ones since I have 2 stoves and appear to be going through 3 bags a day. ( wife thinks we need it 80 degrees in here)

Steph2078 said:
Hey there.. did a quick search and could see anything on these, so if there is I apolozige!

Anyone know if these pellets are any good?

We've been using Green teams for the last two years with Barefoots for the really cold days.. but now Lowes doesn't have them anymore.

Northern American or Inferno any good? HD has Fireside. But I need to grab a quick ton -best for cheap money... until I can restock early this summer! :)

Or Logik-e at the local pellet store but still $40-60 higher

Thanks for your help!

Bought 3 bags at Lowe's, so far much less ash per bag.

THe HD bags I bought weren't too great. Really ashy.

I never had much luck with the infernos, didnt seem to hot, the barefoots worked well for me in my stove

My P61 seems to like the North Americans just fine. Good heat, a bit ashy but for the $214/ton I paid- no complaints. No experience with the Infernos but I have not heard much good about them.

I stopped at a local Lowes this morning to see what kind of pellets they had. This really is a sickness.

Anyway, in like a 10 mile area 4 different Lowes stores each have a different brand. This one had 4 tons of Cheat River and a half-ton of the North American. I bought 4 bags to try out since I figure they won't be getting more. Maybe I'll get some of the Cheat River next time.

Well I took the plunge and bought a ton from lowes ( $219)

BTW, the North American pellets are actually re-bagged Curran's made up near Massena NY.

Status
Not open for further replies.