Northwest Pride Pellets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

stoveguy2esw

Minister of Fire
Nov 14, 2006
madison hgts. va
just ran across some of these in my local TSC, bought 5 bags to play with , never had heard of them , bag says red fir , and that they are made by Atlas pellet company, looked at website , didnt see much oher than what was on the bag. anyone run these yet.

BTW its interesting that this is the second shipment of pellets from out west to this TSC store (because im in virginia), last time was the Western Lignetics which were superb in my stove. hopefully these will do we as well

I'll have to try the TSC near me and in MD.

Their specs on their site look impressive:

Moisture Content less than 6%
Ash less than 0.30%
Sodium 15 parts per million
BTU Value per lb. 8400 or Greater

So Mike, have you burned the bags of Northwest Pride yet? I just bought 4 bags of them today at TSC, to see what they are like. Looking for yous and others comments on them. They only received 2 skids and had a 10 bag limit.

I bought some of these at Lowe's. Besides some of them being long, I think these are great pellets. I bought 20 bags and was very impressed. I went to buy some more but they are no longer in stock. Very few fines and little ash.

codebum said:
I'll have to try the TSC near me and in MD.

Their specs on their site look impressive:

Moisture Content less than 6%
Ash less than 0.30%
Sodium 15 parts per million
BTU Value per lb. 8400 or Greater

TSC in Westminster told me they aren't getting any more pellets this year as their distribution center burned down.

Mark :(

I bought 2 bags to try and have had issues with the long pieces (nearly 2 inches) blocking the feed. My Quadra Fire 1200 stopped 4 times yesterday. I went out and bought a couple bags of Clean Burn and a couple Bear Mountain to try. I just installed this stove last Saturday and am trying to find the best pellet for this stove. Any suggestions?

dmj718 said:
I bought 2 bags to try and have had issues with the long pieces (nearly 2 inches) blocking the feed. My Quadra Fire 1200 stopped 4 times yesterday. I went out and bought a couple bags of Clean Burn and a couple Bear Mountain to try. I just installed this stove last Saturday and am trying to find the best pellet for this stove. Any suggestions?

Where are you located?
Thomas

dmj718 said:
I am in Conway...just north of you.

The Clean Burn will have long pellets as well. If you get down towards Mukilteo we carry the North Idaho brand which are a Super Premium pellet which I sell for $5.40 per bag. We also carry the Clean Burn at $5.25 per bag.
Thomas

Status
Not open for further replies.