1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Norwalk Power - Where did all the Husky models go?

Post in 'The Gear' started by n1st, Jan 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. n1st

n1st New Member

Loc:
    Enfield, CT
    ...don't tell me they can't sell them on line anymore :+( ?

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. titan

titan Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Nova Scotia
    I read that Bailey's had to end online sales in December....maybe all Husky dealers were forced to quit it?
  3. TMonter

TMonter Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Hayden, ID
    Ugh, I just noticed they were all taken down. Maybe you have to call to order now. That sure does suck that they're not listed.
  4. sedanman

sedanman New Member

Husky stopped all mail order sales.
  5. TMonter

TMonter Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Hayden, ID
    Which was foolish. It really gave them the edge over Stihl sales wise.
  6. Lignums

Lignums New Member

Loc:
    Cincinnati
  7. TMonter

TMonter Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Hayden, ID
    They no longer have most saw model pricing listed.

I predict Dolmar, Echo and Shindaiwa will see a serious boost in sales. I believe it to be a mistake for Husky to do what they are doing.
  8. cmonSTART

cmonSTART Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Antrim, NH
    I forget what the Husky rep said exactly about this when I talked to him last, but it was basically that Husky wanted to be dealer/service oriented henceforth and not big box store/internet oriented. Supposedly, it was to ensure their products had good support from a local dealer. I have no idea how this will work for them, but I think TMonter is correct about a sales boost for the other brands.
  9. backpack09

backpack09 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Rochester, Mass
  10. TMonter

TMonter Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Hayden, ID
    Consumer level saws are another story. They are just discontinuing all of the upper level stuff.
  11. computeruser

computeruser Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    East Lansing, MI
    The original memo to dealers that was sent out last fall indicated that the homeowner models could still be sold online. This applied to string trimmers, too.

The principle behind this is good - it has worked well for Stihl. The only problem is that Stihl has been this way for a long time, and Husqvarna's decision is recent AND comes along with an eviscerated dealer network and a consuming public that is used to near-wholsale prices. Dolmar has done this, too, sadly. Same with Shindaiwa and RedMax. Solo and Makita are still OK for online sales, as is Echo (phone orders)

Given the number of crappy dealers out there, I'm not sure that the dealer-only deal is actually a net gain for the consumer. With good or great dealers, it definitely is, but they are few and far between. The idea that propping up ALL dealers will make the crappy ones better is, well, a fantasy.
  12. TMonter

TMonter Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Hayden, ID
    Dolmar did this too? Ugh.
  13. Corey

Corey Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Midwest
    Does this link still work?

http://www.vedha-automations.com/vedha_a/productsHusqChainsaw.htm

This is where I bought my 350. It looks like the page is still there, and it lets me complete all the ordering steps - up to actually paying for the saw. I can't see any pics, but it's not uncommon for the corporate firewall to block some.

Sure seems strange that a company would take such a step backwards as to 'quit' selling mail order. I got a great deal on the saw, plus free chain and shipping.
  14. carpniels

carpniels Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Rome, NY, USA
    The original post was about the missing Husky's? Just because you cannot sell them anymore through the web, does that automatically mean you cannot show them on your website anymore? I personally liked the comparison tools they had on Norwalk.

I would have put a reference to the phone number on the website and that is it.

Carpniels

PS. I agree with CU's assessment. Few dealers and not all of them know what they are doing.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.