1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Not getting enough heat

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by mrjoshuanyc, Dec 12, 2013.

1. mrjoshuanyc

mrjoshuanyc New Member

Loc:
    Yorktown heights
    So far this is my second season using my Harman accenture and its been good. So the temps have dropped and my house is sitting at a cool 63 degrees. I really need a few more degrees to feel comfortable, Flame is burning strong and I gave the stove a good cleaning a few days ago. How often do I need to clean this thing to keep the temps up? Switching between stove temp and room temp makes no differnce. Flame is not lazy but burning strong. I burned about a ton last year and Im on ton number 2 for this year. I never had the stove pulled out to clean or serviced. I figured I could get through this season then have it serviced. I am burning fireside ultras. Got 3 tons ready to burn.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. john193

john193 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Southeast PA
    How did it behave last year under similar conditions? If you are performing weekly cleanings as you indicate, perhaps your net loss is too great for the stove to overcome.

You should clean the venting at each ton, ideally. And a full sweep at the end of the season.
  3. Harman Lover 007

Harman Lover 007 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Eastern Mass & Lakes Region of Maine
    Agree with above. If you haven't pulled the stove away from the wall or cleaned the venting in a couple of years, you wont make the winter before that smart Harman shuts itself down due to bad draft. THEN you will be cold.
  4. briansol

briansol Minister of Fire

Loc:
    central ct
    According to the sticky at the top of the page, you should run room temp and put the probe where you want that temp. if its too close by, it may be a false reading.