Not getting enough heat

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mrjoshuanyc

Apr 29, 2013
Yorktown heights
So far this is my second season using my Harman accenture and its been good. So the temps have dropped and my house is sitting at a cool 63 degrees. I really need a few more degrees to feel comfortable, Flame is burning strong and I gave the stove a good cleaning a few days ago. How often do I need to clean this thing to keep the temps up? Switching between stove temp and room temp makes no differnce. Flame is not lazy but burning strong. I burned about a ton last year and Im on ton number 2 for this year. I never had the stove pulled out to clean or serviced. I figured I could get through this season then have it serviced. I am burning fireside ultras. Got 3 tons ready to burn.

How did it behave last year under similar conditions? If you are performing weekly cleanings as you indicate, perhaps your net loss is too great for the stove to overcome.

You should clean the venting at each ton, ideally. And a full sweep at the end of the season.

Agree with above. If you haven't pulled the stove away from the wall or cleaned the venting in a couple of years, you wont make the winter before that smart Harman shuts itself down due to bad draft. THEN you will be cold.

According to the sticky at the top of the page, you should run room temp and put the probe where you want that temp. if its too close by, it may be a false reading.

Status
Not open for further replies.