Not the time for experiments, says the Weather Chick

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I

ISeeDeadBTUs

When the snow stops tomorrow, the temps are headed down into single digits (that probably means negative numbers for those of you North of here) and the winds supposed to be +20 mph Sunday over-night and Monday.

Line up a face cord of yer best stuff and batten down the hatches.

ISeeDeadBTUs said:
When the snow stops tomorrow, the temps are headed down into single digits (that probably means negative numbers for those of you North of here) and the winds supposed to be +20 mph Sunday over-night and Monday.

Line up a face cord of yer best stuff and batten down the hatches.
same here 25-35 mph winds and high 18 and thats early and droping all day low 0 wind sheild -15 to -20(better bring your "A" game) 1/2 cord of hedge setting next to the furnance right now!

Had a service call this AM and was watching the temp readout in the truck. When I started out it was -11* and as I drove to the job I saw temps hit as low as -18*. Good thing there was no wind to speak of. You guys in the NE are getting the crap we had here Weds-Thurs this week. It left a fresh foot of powder on everything. Then yesterday we got another 6-8". Tonight-tomorrow evening another 7-9" predicted by the talking weather heads. Global warming anyone.......? It's been a long long time since we had this much snow and cold weather by the end of December. Decades in fact. The NWS says November was above average temp over the US but it sure as heck wasn't here.

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClic...ite=APX&textField1=44.25&textField2;=-85.0833

I love those single digits. Tonight -4F, high tomorrow 4. Then we get the double digits, -17F tomorrow night, wind chills almost twice that. Ahhh, waiting for the rotund red man to burn his azzz trying to get down my chimney next week.

just started calling for 10 to 16 inches, with good winds up here. If this turns out to be another winter like last year, I'm gonna be grumpy as hell by the spring. Hitting sunday after dark finishing up by mon noon. gotta leave to pick up the milk at 1am mon. It would be nice to call in sick. :coolsmirk: My Innova is looking good, but not hooked up.

Got 12" snow yesterday and it's snowing again now they say another 3" or so then the cold and wind for Sunday / Monday High of 9 low - 7 and 40mph winds.
I should have lots of fun digging out some of the wood , it's under tarps with 12+ inches of snow on top. Might have to load a little extra wood this week to keep warm

We are due to get another foot here in the next day and a half. The winds are supposed to pick up too. Their calling this "A potent Nor'easter." Damn is it cold outside! I cut some ash this morning and my beard was a solid block of ice! At least it wasn't windy here this morning though. . .

The NOAA predicter missed this one. Forecast for this night (is 4:00 a.m. still night?) was -4. It's now -18 and likely to drop a few more before sunrise, plus more snow. Total for yesterday/today will be about a foot, on top of the foot+ we got last Sunday.

This snow is not unusual for us, although the last many years we have had very little December snow. "Usual" becomes "unusual" with our short memory spans. But these double digit -F's don't usually come to Jan-Feb.

Our solar system works beautifully -- we just call it wood, Aspen wood.

Status
Not open for further replies.