1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Note from a German about Holz Hausen

Post in 'The Wood Shed' started by webbie, Sep 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BJ64

BJ64 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    NE Oklahoma
    I have an idea that might explain this!

Woodzilla is alive so his snout is still too green to burn.

Ummmm... levitate....I don't know....do trees get the creosote farts? That or he has ants in his pants and what you think is levitating is actually him hopping about to get away from them. Heck that may be why he is angry at everything.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. savageactor7

savageactor7 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    CNY
    HUH! I never really understood the concept of faster drying cause those HH stacks are way tighter than mine but what do I know...yeah they do look cool though esp if you're in a suburban neighborhood. I pile my wood loosely in a humongous pile and yeah it does take a little longer to season but you save so much time from not stacking that it's very easy to get many, many years ahead so you're not behind the 8 ball. Well the HH's do put a lot of wood in a confined area ya can't take that away from it.
  3. Saw-dust

Saw-dust New Member

Loc:
    Arkansas
    I don't know about creosote farts but i have herd of gas logs.
  4. gibson

gibson New Member

Loc:
    Lincoln, RI
    My parents always told me that I was born in a holz hausen in Bitburg in 1970. I said to them, "You idiots, you couldn't find a hospital, I had to be born in a wood pile?". Turns out I was born in a Log Cabin. Cheers to me!
  5. adrpga498

adrpga498 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    New Jersey
    I guess I better create a new avatar. But I still like the smaller footprint for stacking .
  6. BJ64

BJ64 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    NE Oklahoma
    I'm stashing wood back for next year already. I'll make and HH out of the pile here at the house for conversation if anybody checks it out.
  7. renewablejohn

renewablejohn Member

Loc:
    bolton england
    If you do really want to dry wood in 3 months then a dry polytunnel with staging and air vents at each end does really work.
  8. BJ64

BJ64 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    NE Oklahoma
    Wow that is cool!

Can you show us a picture or draw something up on that?
  9. Adios Pantalones

Adios Pantalones Minister of Fire

Loc:
    S.NH- Mass's smoking section
    I doubt the creature experiences flatulence at all. Think about it- he needs that combustible gas. Note that he swells to 3 times his normal size during levitation- a simple redirection of his gasifier products inflates him.

As for his snout not bursting into flames- clearly it is wood treated with whatever they treated the Rocketeer's pants. Think about it- why didn't his legs just burn off?
    [​IMG]

This is also why I shut down my jet pack research- I'm not putting on pants just to become a super hero. No way.
  10. Jags

Jags Moderate Moderator Staff Member

Loc:
    Northern IL
    I am sorry to say that I will not be able to be woodzilla. The reason is: WE ALL READY HAVE A FORUM MEMBER NAMED WOODZILLA.

If he steps forward, the job is rightfully his. :down:
  11. webbie

webbie Seasoned Moderator Staff Member

Loc:
    Western Mass.
    Whew!
    I was beginning to think that the woodpile thing was like the second coming (like a manger)
  12. renewablejohn

renewablejohn Member

Loc:
    bolton england
    Really not much to show just a standard polytunnel which we have spare with windbreak mesh at either end for ventilation. Staging is builders stands with corrugated tin sheets to form benches and logs stacked on top.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.