1. BJ64

BJ64
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Jul 24, 2008
    Loc:
    NE Oklahoma
    I have an idea that might explain this!

Woodzilla is alive so his snout is still too green to burn.

Ummmm... levitate....I don't know....do trees get the creosote farts? That or he has ants in his pants and what you think is levitating is actually him hopping about to get away from them. Heck that may be why he is angry at everything.

2. savageactor7

savageactor7
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Jan 25, 2008
    Loc:
    CNY
    HUH! I never really understood the concept of faster drying cause those HH stacks are way tighter than mine but what do I know...yeah they do look cool though esp if you're in a suburban neighborhood. I pile my wood loosely in a humongous pile and yeah it does take a little longer to season but you save so much time from not stacking that it's very easy to get many, many years ahead so you're not behind the 8 ball. Well the HH's do put a lot of wood in a confined area ya can't take that away from it.

3. Saw-dust

Saw-dust
    New Member 2.
    NULL

Sep 20, 2008
    Loc:
    Arkansas
    I don't know about creosote farts but i have herd of gas logs.

4. gibson

gibson
    New Member 2.
    NULL

Apr 29, 2008
    Loc:
    Lincoln, RI
    My parents always told me that I was born in a holz hausen in Bitburg in 1970. I said to them, "You idiots, you couldn't find a hospital, I had to be born in a wood pile?". Turns out I was born in a Log Cabin. Cheers to me!

5. adrpga498

adrpga498
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Nov 18, 2005
    Loc:
    New Jersey
    I guess I better create a new avatar. But I still like the smaller footprint for stacking .

6. BJ64

BJ64
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Jul 24, 2008
    Loc:
    NE Oklahoma
    I'm stashing wood back for next year already. I'll make and HH out of the pile here at the house for conversation if anybody checks it out.

7. renewablejohn

renewablejohn
    Burning Hunk 2.
    NULL

Mar 5, 2008
    Loc:
    bolton england
    If you do really want to dry wood in 3 months then a dry polytunnel with staging and air vents at each end does really work.

8. BJ64

BJ64
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Jul 24, 2008
    Loc:
    NE Oklahoma
    Wow that is cool!

Can you show us a picture or draw something up on that?

9. Adios Pantalones

Adios Pantalones
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

May 20, 2008
    Loc:
    S.NH- Mass's smoking section
    I doubt the creature experiences flatulence at all. Think about it- he needs that combustible gas. Note that he swells to 3 times his normal size during levitation- a simple redirection of his gasifier products inflates him.

As for his snout not bursting into flames- clearly it is wood treated with whatever they treated the Rocketeer's pants. Think about it- why didn't his legs just burn off?
    [​IMG]

This is also why I shut down my jet pack research- I'm not putting on pants just to become a super hero. No way.

10. Jags

Jags
    Moderate Moderator 2.
    NULL

Staff Member

Aug 2, 2006
    Loc:
    Northern IL
    I am sorry to say that I will not be able to be woodzilla. The reason is: WE ALL READY HAVE A FORUM MEMBER NAMED WOODZILLA.

If he steps forward, the job is rightfully his. :down:

11. webbie

webbie
    Seasoned Moderator 2.
    NULL

Staff Member

Nov 17, 2005
    Loc:
    Western Mass.
    Whew!
    I was beginning to think that the woodpile thing was like the second coming (like a manger)

12. renewablejohn

renewablejohn
    Burning Hunk 2.
    NULL

Mar 5, 2008
    Loc:
    bolton england
    Really not much to show just a standard polytunnel which we have spare with windbreak mesh at either end for ventilation. Staging is builders stands with corrugated tin sheets to form benches and logs stacked on top.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.