Nothing like the smell of freshly splitted cedar in the morning!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

excessads

Burning Hunk
Feb 16, 2016
Garden State
Just saying 5ce071b8e86eec9384cf901df76267a8.jpg

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Smells great for sure. I got a hall closet lined with the stuff.

How does the smell of freshly split cedar compare to the smell of seasoned cedar in the fireplace?

I use old cedar poles as kindling nothing better than ten five gallon buckets sitting in the garage split ready to go makes the place smell great.

"Nothing like the smell of freshly splitted (split) cedar in the morning" . . . although I hear tell the smell of napalm in the morning can be quite invigorating. ;)

"Nothing like the smell of freshly splitted (split) cedar in the morning" . . . although I hear tell the smell of napalm in the morning can be quite invigorating. ;)
Are you saying that you prefer napalm over cedar as a firestarter? I guess that'd get the fire going quickly, and you wouldn't care whether you had any hot coals left... ==c

Reactions: firefighterjake
Sass smells damn good too!

Status
Not open for further replies.