1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Now I need advice on wood cutting equipment.........

Post in 'The Gear' started by Big Donnie Brasco, Apr 17, 2013.

1. I agree, but the stated intent was to find an inexpensive saw, use it for a year or two and then resell. Husky or stihl will have the best resale value on CL. If he finds a good used Husky Stihl saw he could potentially use it for a couple seasons and sell it for even money. Or get close to what he pays for a refurbished husky.
    Big Donnie Brasco likes this.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Another thought is to find someone on CL who will cut on shares. I'd post an ad looking for someone willing to cut a cord of wood for each of you. That way you can start putting up wood as soon as possible while you look/save for the right saw.
    Tuneighty likes this.
  3. mywaynow

mywaynow Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Northeast
    Any model of refurb that has so many available would cause me concern. There must be a reason they are returned. Surely some are operator error, but still....
    Big Donnie Brasco likes this.
  4. raybonz

raybonz Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Carver, MA.
    Read the reviews seems they generally work fine and some look like new.. Stihl does not do refurbs and is why you can't find one.. Home depot has many returns from people that need to clean up a fallen tree etc. then the customer decides they are done with the saw and return it for a refund.. More common than people realize..

Ray
  5. HDRock

HDRock Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Grand Blanc, Mi