Now what is it?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HEMI

Feeling the Heat
Aug 17, 2009
connecticut
as most of you know i have been having alot of issues with my stove and its settings.......as i have been told the bottom 3 buttons only apply when running on low 1&2...so last night at 10pm i filled the hopper and set the heat and blower on 4 because as i understand the stove controls itself higher then 2......well its 7:30 and the hopper is empty...thats 9.5 hrs on a bag....and still a pile of unburned fuel.

FratFart said:
maybe the blower impeller is dirty/plugged some?
broke it down this weekend and did the leaf blower.....it has no more then 20 bags ran through it.....bought new in march this year

FratFart said:
bin lid & stove door close tight?
yes...OAK installed......flue pipe sealed.......gaskets good.......plate in hopper closed as far as it can be

FratFart said:
assuming the burnpot has no visible leaks other than the combustion air hole which a flashlight might help find, id try to find leaks in stove by burning paper in cold stove so to create lotta smoke then plug the exhaust so that the smoke gets pressurized & reveals any leaks, possibly from manufacturing. takes 2 people.
ok. thanks for the help

Mike from Englander couldn't help you? I know you have posted problems several times about your stove.

Hi,

Please see my pic attached. I keep my stove at ---3 bottom buttons 5-5-1, top 2 buttons (right now because it's not that cold) 1-2, all from left to right.

Attachments

• PIC_0013.jpg
    PIC_0013.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 171
  • PIC_0014.jpg
    PIC_0014.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 174
macman said:
sydney1963 said:
..... all from right to left.
Are you sure about that Syd?? :)

Haha, got me macman left to right. I'll fix it. Thanks