Nube and questions.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BuckStove91

Oct 11, 2014
KY
Hey everyone I've been a long time lurker and have learned a lot here on these forums. Thanks to everyone out there. I have a Buckstove Model 91. It vents into a masonry chimney with a new liner I recently installed. Since installing the liner, the stove really puts out more heat and has a much better draft. The draft controls seem to act way better also.

I can load it with wood and turn the draft all way down and it will burn a long time now. Here's my question, is it normal to get a smokey glass when you turn the draft down and burn a long time? My wood is Oak and Ash but it's probably not seasoned long enough. I'm just getting into wood burning and I am burning wood that was cut early in the spring so it's not really old enough by what I've heard on here. It does burn really well though. Would I still be seeing a smoked up stove door glass with even better seasoned wood though? How long do most stove glasses stay clean on a normal basis? It's not too hard to clean but this is just something I was curious about. Thanks!

Welcome to low and slow burning with a cat stove. Burning turned way down gets ya long burn times but dirty glass goes with the territory. Opened up for a hot burn, defined as six hundred stove top or so, should burn most of it off the glass.

Status
Not open for further replies.