Number of pulls required to start a husky 455 rancher

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I replaced the carb on my little husky recently, resealed the carb gasket with aviation gasket and now she starts on the first pull. I paid 7 dollars for this saw at a garage sale-did I pay too much????

maxed_out said:
I replaced the carb on my little husky recently, resealed the carb gasket with aviation gasket and now she starts on the first pull. I paid 7 dollars for this saw at a garage sale-did I pay too much????
That depends. How much did the carb cost?

My Husky starts on about 3 pulls, but sometimes it is hard to pull, no compression button. My Stihl can take 5 pulls with the compression button, then one after the button releases. Never bothers me, as long as it starts.

LLigetfa said:
maxed_out said:
That depends. How much did the carb cost?

New off ebay with the ship it was about 20. So I have 27 into it....for a running chainsaw is probably too much.

when the saw is cold and its cold out,
I let the wife start it and warm it up for me,
while I have a cup of coffee inside (warm)
therefore I never have to pull it
now if I could only get her to cut too.

Status
Not open for further replies.