NYC storm,tornado!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

allhandsworking

Feeling the Heat
Sep 30, 2008
NYC
There are parts of Queens and Brooklyn that look like a war zone! Trees down everywhere! It happened about 530 pm Thursday! Every few bocks there are trees twisted and down then not a leaf on the ground then a few more blocks with mangled trees and broken tele poles! It seemed to skip blocks then hit again! This was from the East river all the way threw Nassau county. If you need wood and not far you could fill a tractor trailer within a bock or two! It just burns me because the parks dept just chips it for the land fill! If you come across the Whitestone or Throgs Neck bridge just drive into Baside or Flushing! Mostly oak, N Maple, Beech, Swamp maple! I here it was a tornado, we don't get many of them down here.

I was wondering when we would start getting some NYC "score" reports on here.

What a mess! I hear that there are still blocked streets today, almost a week later. I guess there aren't too many homeowners with chainsaws in Brooklyn and Queens. This after all the trees down in the February storm must have really changed the landscape.
I was on the Henry Hudson Parkway on the Upper West side of Manhattan during the storm. It was dark as night! The lightning was amazing. Lots of rain, but no major wind. The storm and associated flooding made my normally just over an hour commute just over one hour.

Status
Not open for further replies.