OAK installation

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BrewerK

Nov 24, 2013
MD
Hi all,

Bought a CAB50 earlier this year and it's been running well. Now after reading (and really enjoying) this site for several hours, I'm sold on the idea of an OAK. The installer didn't even mention it and though I read it in the manual, I figured my house really isn't tight so I skipped it. So now I'll be buying the kit and installing it.

Any considerations on the installation? Proximity to the exhaust outside?

Thanks.

I know many on the forum prefer to install the OAK below the level of the exhaust to avoid the potential of smoke coming out the OAK on an unexpected shut down (power outage, etc.)

Ours is beside the exhaust and the same height - straight out through the wall from the port on the stove.

Status
Not open for further replies.