OAk kit really needed/worth it on Harmon Accentra Insert

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gracie

Jan 24, 2012
New York hudson valley
I have had a Accentra insert for 3 years now and love it. My house is about 2500 SQ ft and it does a great job unless it gets below 20 and then the oil helps it along. I have the insert in a prefab fireplace or what is left of the pre fab and it exaust into a 8" pre fab pipe up to the roof. I was wondering about the OAK kit. It would be alot of work for me to put this in because I have about 10 feet of 4" into the 8" and then out so the air would have to come from somewhere besides the chimmney right? Can anyone tell me if it is really worth it to install this kit performance wise? My house is about 15 years old and not to drafty at all at least not that I notice! Has anyone ever set up a kit with the same setup as I have? How did you do it? Thanks for all the help and keep up the great job!

Status
Not open for further replies.