Harmon Accentra insert issue

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

OldBarKeep

Oct 15, 2023
New Hampshire
Hello and thank you in advance for all the help these pages have provided in the past. This is the first time I have not been able to fix my stove in 4 years of ownership including installation!

The stove is an early Harmon Accentra Insert.

At the end of last season, the exhaust fan stopped working. I figure the motor had gone bad and was getting ready to replace it when I noticed the fraying on the exhaust probe as seen in the picture. I am wondering if that I what is causing my problems? I have included pictures of the lights both on test and run. There are no light blinking but neither the exhaust fan nor the auger are turning.

Thanks in advance!

OldBarKeep
IMG_4377.jpg
img_4387-jpg.316811
IMG_4387.jpg

The gaskets are good. Can the probe cause the symptoms?
If the motor was suspect or is not turning .. replace it .. a probe will not cause the motor to not power on . You will also get a blink code if the probe wasn’t providing a reading. I’d check that you are getting 120v to the motor as well to rule out any board issues.

Reactions: OldBarKeep
Perfect, thank you. I will replace the motor tomorrow!
If the motor was suspect or is not turning .. replace it .. a probe will not cause the motor to not power on . You will also get a blink code if the probe wasn’t providing a reading. I’d check that you are getting 120v to the motor as well to rule out any board issues.

Thank you. I am attempting to get the fan off. It stripped as soon as I touched it. Trying to drill it. I just need the body panel piece for reassembly. Is the fan shaft cuttable if I fail?
I always cut the motor shaft on one I didn’t install, a small cutoff wheel works well … I’ll buy a new combustion paddle and motor when doing a motor replacement , I put the copper anti-seize on the set screw and paddle blade .. comes apart every year during cleaning easily.

Reactions: OldBarKeep
Old Bar Keep do you have a link or part numbers for the fan replacement? Mine is running but I'm concerned it is getting old (and it lives in a harsh environment ). I don't want it to fail mid winter without me having the replacement .