Oak kit with accentra insert in prefab

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gracie

Jan 24, 2012
New York hudson valley
Have decided to go with the oak kit and have a accentra insert installed in a prefab. My exhaust goes about 15 feet up the pre fab old metal chimney and has a block off plate . Can I run the oak kit right out the back of the stove and out of the house? Also the prefab metal is still behind the stove because the stove fit in without having to cut it and I thought it could not hurt to leave it there. Is it alright to cut a hole say 3" to get the pipe out of there? Finally would a kit like the dura vent and Harmon adaptor be fine? If anyone has done this and has pics that would bed great! I assume that since the block off plate is installed all the air must be coming from inside the house right? Hope to se a nice warm improvement!
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.