1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

OAK, outside temperature, flame, heat

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by ghandy131, Dec 12, 2013.

1. ghandy131

ghandy131 Member

Loc:
    Central MA
    I'm not certain but it appears that the outside temperature has an inverse affect on my stove's heat output at the stove port. The flame also appears to be less vigorous. I'm half way through my second pallet of FSU and when the temp took a fairly drastic slide over the past two days, the stove appears to be burning less efficiently. I keep it clean and nothing really changed except the outside temp. Is it possible this is cause and effect or should I look elsewhere?

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. briansol

briansol Minister of Fire

Loc:
    central ct
    my first year with an OAK, and I haven't noticed anything different in the past few days.
  3. ChandlerR

ChandlerR Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Hampton, NH
    I haven't noticed any difference with mine. It supplies combustion air and if anything, cold air is more dense. My guess is either the stove is a bit dirty somewhere or you got a bum bag of pellets. As an experiment, you could always disconnect it from the wall, plug the wall hole and see if there's a difference.