Oak Tree

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NYLife

Burning Hunk
Sep 3, 2012
Mohegan Lake NY
My neighbor is cutting this tree down next week. I should have enough wood for a good year from that tree

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    180 KB · Views: 157
My neighbor is cutting this tree down next week. I should have enough wood for a good year from that tree
Congrats! How much wood do you burn in a year?

Ray

Nice, pic is hard to tell how big the tree is.

Congrats looks like some nice btu's

That'll be nice. Is the tree structurally unsound, or did they just not like it?

That'll be nice. Is the tree structurally unsound, or did they just not like it?
They get tired of cleaning the leaves and every so often a tree limb will come crashing down

Never get tired of seeing oak.Its a good thing too lol

Reactions: ScotO
Never get tired of seeing oak.Its a good thing too lol
Me either it looks great this time of year with the color of the leaves but I'm happy cuz I'm getting the wood

Once you get into burning 24/7.
That tree will be splits for about 6 weeks worth of wood ;)
Would be nice to see pics of it coming down. We'll be waiting LOL :)

Reactions: ScotO
I'm gonna try to burn 24/7 what advice can u give me to burn when I'm not home. If I'm there when they cut the tree down I sure will take plenty of pics

save your oaks, locusts, beech for burning overnight fires and for when you're away.....lasts long and holds good coals. Use the lighter woods (soft maples, pine, birch, walnut, ash etc) for every day wood. At least that's how I do it.

That will be a bunch of good stuff for you. It will also keep you away from my scrounges. :)

save your oaks, locusts, beech for burning overnight fires and for when you're away.....lasts long and holds good coals. Use the lighter woods (soft maples, pine, birch, walnut, ash etc) for every day wood. At least that's how I do it.

78 yesterday,still 70 at 10PM last night.Hit the 'high' for today at 4AM,38 right now w/ NW gusts to 40,windchill of 28.It's 80 in here,72 in rest of house thanks to that Norway/Silver Maple small stuff,plus the occasional scrap of Walnut,Cedar & Mulberry burning for past few hours......

I'm about ready to open a window or turn the window AC back on :p ;lol

78 yesterday,still 70 at 10PM last night.Hit the 'high' for today at 4AM,38 right now w/ NW gusts to 40,windchill of 28.It's 80 in here,72 in rest of house thanks to that Norway/Silver Maple small stuff,plus the occasional scrap of Walnut,Cedar & Mulberry burning for past few hours......

I'm about ready to open a window or turn the window AC back on :p ;lol
It's like summer here, right now. Mid-70's, beautiful and sunny, no humidity. Tommorow, much of the same. The weekend brings change, they're saying a possiblity of some snow/rain and wind from late Sunday through Wednesday..

Reactions: Backwoods Savage
yup you guys back east might get hit with the remnants of Sandy.... About 1/4" rain here overnight,had moved away by 7AM.We might see a little more rain early next week possibly.Every bit helps even though crops are about 95% harvested now.Still are almost 12 inches below normal for the year,even though grass is green again finally.

Thank you pal

I'm gonna try to burn 24/7 what advice can u give me to burn when I'm not home. If I'm there when they cut the tree down I sure will take plenty of pics

The bigger splits or rounds will also hold the fire a bit longer.

Reactions: raybonz and NYLife
yup you guys back east might get hit with the remnants of Sandy.... About 1/4" rain here overnight,had moved away by 7AM.We might see a little more rain early next week possibly.Every bit helps even though crops are about 95% harvested now.Still are almost 12 inches below normal for the year,even though grass is green again finally.
I'm hoping it moves towards the ocean as we got enough rain this year . Next week looks like a rainy week not good for us outdoor people and especially for the hunters since big game opens next week

Status
Not open for further replies.