Obama Ad

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't put those ads on! in 2010 Scott Brown was the biggie on here....

But, you should be happy. It means I am gonna make some ad money from all this political BS. I love taking money from the Kochs, Rove, Soros and all the crew.

(ads come in through google - I block certain types, like body enhancement, sexual, but politics can sneak in there before an election)

I normally see Stihl,Husqvarna & other banner ads,plus links to Garrett Wade,Traditional Woodworker,Woodcraft & other suppliers.Plus various food/drink ones.Nothing wrong with that...:cool: Am I mistaken or are the ads you see here on your screen mainly places you often frequent?

Enquiring minds want to know....;?

They are made based on a number of factors - think of it as a continuous auction.....

So, on one end of the auction is the ad spaces on hearth.com (and elsewhere)
on the other end are a number of people placing ads - the political campaigns, stuff related to hearth (trucks, etc.) PLUS stuff related to the sites you have visited!

The highest bid - combined with a prediction of whether you are likely to click on it - get's the space!

I would think in IA you will eventually see some political ads...since it is a battleground. I don't see any here yet - because MA is in the bag for Big O - but I am likely to see Scott Brown ads before it is all over with. That race is close.

That makes sense.Thanks for the clarification.

Status
Not open for further replies.