Obsessive-Compulsive Pellet Disorder

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Glosta

Nov 1, 2009
North of Boston
For the past few weeks, every time I drive past Lowes or Home Depot, I find myself parking the car, running in the store, and grabbing 8 to 12 bags of wood pellets. With wood pellet prices so low, it's starting to become an obsession. It's almost like I'm looking for reasons or "excuses" to run errands. "We need some cream for the morning...I come home with a quart of cream and 10 bags of wood pellets. "We're almost out of plastic sandwich bags.....another 8 bags of pellets". "The dog is running low on treats.....12 more bags of pellets". It's funny, I can see the neighbors peering out their windows every time I come home and start unloading pellets. They must think I'm completely off my rocker. If wood pellet prices continue to drop, I think I'm going to need some serious professional help. I need a new hobby, or better yet, a role model.

You need a garage... pull in all loaded down with pellets and close the door.
Neighbors will never know.

Sounds like a new reality TV show, "Pellet Hoarders and the Stoves that Love them..." Can you here me now A+E, Bravo?

Dougsey said:

HAHAHA! You might as well start drinking alone behind that door too!

AVIVIII said:
Dougsey said:

HAHAHA! You might as well start drinking alone behind that door too!

Yeah, now we are getting somewhere! LOL

Hi my name is SmokeyTheBear and I have OCPD.

I am currently hunting the 2012/2013 heating season pellet supply is there any hope for me?

Probably have to establish a pellets anonymous club. 12 steps to be pellet free. Step 1: came to believe we are powerless over pellets......etc

Hoarding bags isn't a big deal. Its when you start hoarding tons of them! My wifey has a cure that works fine on me. A cast iron skillet to the back of the head once a week if I need it or not! :)

Maybe we all need to start a therapy group?

j-takeman said:
Hoarding bags isn't a big deal. Its when you start hoarding tons of them!

I have actually been pricing out building a small pole barn to house some more stock. The only thing realistically stopping me at this point it that the ground is long since frozen...

and if you have too many pellets you can buy more stoves.....

The one bag too far club eh ??

Snowy

There is a farm next to us that has a silo laying on the ground. I am thinking it would be a great to have for bulk delivery.....

I have an HD coupon (own an email domain then just change your email and get a new movers coupoon) and a Lowes waiting for another price drop. If they go to 168 and with 10% that'a 151.2 or 3.02 a bag.

Oh God, I will go ton happy

Every time I see a covered pallet I have to know what brand is underneath. Is this a symptom of OCPD?

Doocrew said:
Every time I see a covered pallet I have to know what brand is underneath. Is this a symptom of OCPD?

I did the same thing at Home Depot last night. I spent 20 mins. trying to figure out which pallets had Winter Warmth vs Fireside Ultra'

You know you have a serious OCPD problem when you add a box cutter to your keychain.

You are A top notch pellet PIG......... I almost do the same. Go to walmart, home depot, lowes, LOL have to check the price. HAHAHA lots of fun.

Just too funny :lol:
I am glad I am not the only one.

I don't have OCPD- I can stop anytime, I just don't want to.

thats the first sign :(

o.k. i'm guilty of it to . when and where is the first meeting :cheese:

my wife has been telling me this since i got the stove , i'm so bad i
carry a printed list in my wallet from this sight :bug:

Okay boys...fess up. How many times have you stood in front of a pallet of pellets desperately trying to recall what was mentioned on this site about those particular pellets. "Did these pellets get positive feedback....or lousy reviews?.... think damn it...think"

Glosta said:
Okay boys...fess up. How many times have you stood in front of a pallet of pellets desperately trying to recall what was mentioned on this site about those particular pellets. "Did these pellets get positive feedback....or lousy reviews?.... think damn it...think"

I have my charts of all the stuff I burned with me at all times, So unless I see something new(not likely) I'm good. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.