Official Grand Opening of my new Quadcopter hobbyist site!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

webbie

Seasoned Moderator
Nov 17, 2005
Western Mass.
I'm going to make myself a bit of the PITA for the next couple weeks with my Grand Opening and Great Giveaway.....hey, it's May/June, so I'm entitled.....

Y'all may be notices, posts and maybe even a single email about this - I am giving away some free stuff, including 5 mini quadcopters! So, please spread the word if anyone you know may have interest in getting started in this great flying hobby!

Here is the info:
http://www.droneflyers.com

Hearth.com members can "login with hearth.com" at the login page! Or, you can just create a new account if you want to take part in the forums.

Thanks - please pass it on to any newbies who want to learn the very basics about the new world of robotic flying vehicles.

Reactions: Backwoods Savage
prepare for huge uptick in "UFO" sightings...all due to Mr. Craig. Gonna be mad crazy quadcopters about.

"I seen it just raght thar over the trees...made lahk a buzzin kinda hummin sound...I sware it was suckin on ma brains...and than, it was gond, like a pigeon in a hurricane".....did my best to put "Gram's" accent into phonetics for ya.

Do they have these quadcopters that you can mount an ar-15 to yet?? I'm thinking about building a redneck drone...;)

Seriously, Congrats on the new site. Looks like a fun hobby. What kind of range do they have? Do they have real-time video that you can see on the controller as to "fly" the copter from the air?? If so, I may have to look into one for a deer hunting reconnaissance tool.....;lol

Do they have these quadcopters that you can mount an ar-15 to yet?? I'm thinking about building a redneck drone...;)

Seriously, Congrats on the new site. Looks like a fun hobby. What kind of range do they have? Do they have real-time video that you can see on the controller as to "fly" the copter from the air?? If so, I may have to look into one for a deer hunting reconnaissance tool.....;lol

Too noisy for deer hunting, but this one should do the job for some other critters....

That first one reminds me of this book from a while back.
300px-101UsesforDeadCat.jpg

That wingsuit basejumping is the chit......if I was a little younger, and a little richer, that would be a rush.....
I'm totally amazed at how these guys/gals judge distance/rate-of-fall/speed/altitude, etc. This video shows some amazingly "close calls"......wow...

Tried to register, but haven't gotten confirmation email

Tried to register, but haven't gotten confirmation email

You should be able to simply "login with hearth.com" - unless you want a completely different account.
No email will be forthcoming if you login with hearth.com - and OK it when it brings you back here..

Edit - I think I manually approved your new account over there.

Guess I just diddit wrong ....... thanks for the fix ........

Status
Not open for further replies.