oh boy.....bottom air damper stuck open

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

steeltowninwv

Minister of Fire
Nov 16, 2010
west virginia
damper on my stove is stuck open...thank god i hadnt banked it down full of wood for the night...not a whole lot fuel to burn off...but ill be up for another hour or 2 monitoring it...i have an older shenandoah fp-i wood insert.has the lever type damper u push up to open and push down to close it...i went to close it and it felt like there was no pressure at all...knew something wasnt right...is there a spring in there?..i figure there is but not sure....anyone know where i could get this part?

Wish I could help you, ..........sorry I can't..........but at least it's stuck OPEN, and not CLOSED.

When the stove is nice-n-cool, get under there and snoop around, ..........perhaps you can clear the problem. If the stove was installed by a particular professional outlet near you, and is not all that old, you can probably get them out there to fix it for you. (for a fee, if necessary).

-Soupy1957

got it fixed...just let it die down last night and turned the heat pump up...got up this morning and took the cover off...it was just a loose screw that works the damper....

Good that you found the fix and welcome to the forum Steel.

btw, please edit your signature line and put in there what stove you have and any other info you might want to put in there. Also, I've had a screw loose a few times and most times have been able to get it fixed okay.

Status
Not open for further replies.