Oil truck stopped by....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Water is my biggest complaint as far as utilities. price keeps going up and quality keeps going down. We don't drink the water, use it for everything else. Can't have a well, ground water is polluted from dumping and most that have a well that isn't polluted is hard or iron water.
I'm drinking well water. Water here in CT is super irony as well, it's a yellow-green tint that's easily visible in a clear drinking glass. Uses 2 inline filters to get it drinkable, and I have to be super careful not to flood my well or it'll take days for the water to clear up.

One thing I'm worried about is fluorides.... without city water, my water isn't treated with fluoride and I'm worried about long term dental health.

One thing I'm worried about is fluorides.... without city water, my water isn't treated with fluoride and I'm worried about long term dental health.
Easily cured with fluoride toothpaste and mouthwash...I'd much rather that than have it in my drinking water...fluoride is actually very toxic stuff to ingest! Skull and crossbones all over the bags...I maintain some of the equipment for our local water plant and I stay the heck away from those bags! I'd rather drink my hard country well water any day! (which is where the city water comes from too...but they then have to nasty it up with chlorine and fluoride)