Oiler on MS 250

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Joey

Feeling the Heat
Picked up a new MS 250 a few months back, been playin around with it the last couple weeks. Seems like its puttin out to much bar oil. Using the saw the first few times,,I noticed bar oil that seemed to be dripping from the bottom of the saw. I know to much oil is better then not enough. But this is the first saw I have owned that seems to be puttin out to much. Couldnt locate any adjustments on the saw,,,i've read the manual a few times and couldnt find anything out about the bar oiler. Just lookin for a little advise....thanx...Happy Fathers day to all.....having a big clambake tomorrow....cant wait.

What oil you using? Could try to go thicker or veggie oil would keep you from harming anything.

When I bought the saw new,,,they filled the gas and oil at the dealership, not sure what they used,,,but I can tell ya it did look a little thin. I always use the Stihl bar oil. Seems so much thicker and tackier then some of the other oils. Just been playin around with the saw the last few weeks, havent even gone thru a tankful of gas and oil yet. Just found it odd that the oil was collecting on the bottom of the saw.

Joey said:
When I bought the saw new,,,they filled the gas and oil at the dealership, not sure what they used,,,but I can tell ya it did look a little thin. I always use the Stihl bar oil. Seems so much thicker and tackier then some of the other oils. Just been playin around with the saw the last few weeks, havent even gone thru a tankful of gas and oil yet. Just found it odd that the oil was collecting on the bottom of the saw.

This when using it or storing it or both?

Joey said:
Just using it....no leaks during storage.

What month did you buy it in?

Joey said:
Early May 2011

I would take it back and have them check it. Maybe nothing to worry about, but its under warranty and gives you time at the dealership!

No oiler adjustment on the 250. On average, people (and I) go through about a tank of oil per tank of gas. I use Husqvarna bar oil.

Good luck,

S

Status
Not open for further replies.