Ok June 5th is a good time to burn

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 29, 2009
NORTHERN MAINE
Ive got 9 bags of summersets......burning oil.......weird ass June for shore,im still burning......gasp!

Yup, burned for a couple hours the last few of mornings. If the sun would come out it would be fine for us...

House was 64ºF/cold and damp when I got home yesterday. I was tempted to, But the Wifey was planning to bake a pot roast and that warmed the house to 68ºF. Just enough to get the chill out.

Seems we went from spring summer and now back to fall in just a months time! Stove is still on standby JIC!

Kicked on again last night. Im adding about a scoop or two from the Coal Hod buckets, per night.

The last 4-5 nights it has ran at least once a night with the night of the 1st to the 2nd, two to three times.

Crazy I tell ya..... Crazy..... !!

Kicked on again last night. Im adding about a scoop or two from the Coal Hod buckets, per night.

The last 4-5 nights it has ran at least once a night with the night of the 1st to the 2nd, two to three times.

Crazy I tell ya..... Crazy..... !!

Burned that last 3 out of 5 nights w/ temps in the lower 50's and very, very damp.

Well my furnace is going to have a hard time kicking on with the circuit breaker shut off. I REFUSE to use the heat in June. It's just not American.

Busted open another bag just now. It's the last bag of the season cause I'm all outta pellets. 20lb bags should be made when you don't need the full 40. Older folks might have an easier time with them also.

20lb bags should be made when you don't need the full 40. Older folks might have an easier time with them also.

I saw 20lb bags advertised at a local gas station a couple of years ago. I didn't check them out so I have now idea what kind of pellets.

Status
Not open for further replies.