OK Mommy Nature, Bring it on.....!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nailed_nailer

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Oct 29, 2007
Cape Cod, Ma
Just finished unloading 65 bags of Okanagans into my basement.

This goes with the 40 or so bags of Premiers I had from last month. And the 11 bags of Okies left over from last year.

The F250 is a bit unstable with those extra 15 bags on the pallet. Not unsafe....just a bit dicey.

So nearly 3 tons stacked in the basement, the temps are turning cold and the wind has shifted to the north for the next 5 months.

I'm ready.

---Nailer---

Attachments

• 2010Okies003.jpg
    2010Okies003.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 339
  • 2010Okies004.jpg
    2010Okies004.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 340
  • 2010Okies002.jpg
    2010Okies002.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 344
  • 2010Okies001.jpg
    2010Okies001.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 337
  • IMG_0013.jpg
    IMG_0013.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 343
  • IMG_0014.jpg
    IMG_0014.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 326
Nice stash there nailer! If you toss the cloths dryer outside I bet you could probably squeeze another 20 to 25 bags in. hehe! Nice gas hog too!

I also vote you in to the pellet pig club! oink oink!

Very Jealous of the Pellet QUality........ :grrr:

samm6 said:
Very Jealous of the Pellet QUality........ :grrr:

Don't be...those Green Teams and Hamer's you have are GOOD pellets!

Oh, and Nailed....that IS a nice stash you have there.

nice stash ther nailer.did ya get the okies from june and if so ,how much

Jay,

I still have plenty of room on the other side of the laundry room for pellets. I should be able to fit at least another 5 tons in if I take out the 275 gal oil tank :)

Seriously...I don't think I can join the Pig Club yet. I'm shy of 3 tons in stock.

The hauler is a 2000 F-250 SD 4x4 shortbed 5-speed stick with a V-10. 335,000 miles. I ordered it from ford in November 1999 got it in March 2000. Been a great truck. Just rebuilt the front end in August, Ball Joints, Wheel Bearings, Tie Rods, etc. Spent two weekends on my knees on my seashell driveway. She runs great. Hope to get a few more years out of her. The body is starting to go in a few places (but who's isn't).

imacman, Thanks. Should keep me warm for about 3/4 of the winter.

Now I need to search out a deal. The basics are covered.

---Nailer---

Jim,

For the record it is a 3/4 ton. :)

And......I drive after dark...avoid the chicken shacks....start at the basement and skip every other channel....stay on the back roads....and avoid the smokeys. :)

Cork,

Yep J&S Trucking in Berkley. $265/ton...$339/65 bag pallet. Loaded me up and got me out of there quick. Except for me talking a while that is.

---Nailer---

My inside stash. Barefoots on bottom, Greene Gold middle, and the Rockies & Blazers and few oakies on top. I do a custom 8 bag square stack so I can get more into the space.

Greene Gold is a interesting pelelt. Its pretty dark in color, Hardwood, and burns pretty good. Only know of 1 dealer that has every carried them.

Pellets002.gif

Iron stove, I guess that if you run low on pellets at the end of the season, all that cereal will have to do..... :gulp:

imacman said:
Iron stove, I guess that if you run low on pellets at the end of the season, all that cereal will have to do..... :gulp:

Well, it is " pellet mill & Corn Crib" and there is plenty of Corn in them cerial boxes!

nailed_nailer said:
Jay,

I still have plenty of room on the other side of the laundry room for pellets. I should be able to fit at least another 5 tons in if I take out the 275 gal oil tank :)

Seriously...I don't think I can join the Pig Club yet. I'm shy of 3 tons in stock.

The hauler is a 2000 F-250 SD 4x4 shortbed 5-speed stick with a V-10. 335,000 miles. I ordered it from ford in November 1999 got it in March 2000. Been a great truck. Just rebuilt the front end in August, Ball Joints, Wheel Bearings, Tie Rods, etc. Spent two weekends on my knees on my seashell driveway. She runs great. Hope to get a few more years out of her. The body is starting to go in a few places (but who's isn't).

imacman, Thanks. Should keep me warm for about 3/4 of the winter.

Now I need to search out a deal. The basics are covered.

---Nailer---

Thats why imacman is the treasurer. I can't add to well and I might make mistakes in my favor. ;-)

NICE! Those Okies keep the house warm and toasty

Mother nature..

Please with all due respect go "bring it on " somewhere else this year.
Europe would be fine..they need the moisture.Maybe Russia.
We in Minny love 35 and sunny...no snow..ice..Golf in November.

I hauled the pallet in My Ford F150 30 miles.

It was 50 but the front wheels didn't touch down that often.
I remember the 70's and what we carried in the F100.
I did break that 1 axle. :)

Taperbill said:
Mother nature..

Please with all due respect go "bring it on " somewhere else this year.
Europe would be fine..they need the moisture.Maybe Russia.

Yes....PLEASE :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.