OK to add insul blanket on top of board in 30NC and 13NC ?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SmokeyCity

Feeling the Heat
Mar 6, 2011
Western Pa
I swear I just read some stuff about this question but could not find the posts that mentioned 30 and 13

Just can't leave well enough alone can you :lol:

My concern is that it would limit exhaust flow since it wasn't designed for one and the metal plates that deflect exhaust from going directly into the flue might not provide enough room.

You hoping to gain something or just asking?

pen

Sounds like someone is itchin to break his new year's resolution.... :ahhh:

GAMMA RAY said:
Sounds like someone is itchin to break his new year's resolution.... :ahhh:

I remembered reading that even BB did something like put extra board or blanket ? on top of his baffle due to heat shrinkage of the baffle board.

Others chimed in and said they used blanket or such to deal with a gap issue in some stoves too.

Just could not find that thread.....

I'll wait to hear if BB says any more about it .

(you are right...it's a compulsion that must be controlled)

No blanket or added insulation here. Just a rod through a piece of 1/4" stove rope placed in the gap left on the side when the baffle boards are pushed to the right side. The boards didn't shrink, they just aren't as wide as the top of the firebox.

Status
Not open for further replies.