Okies promotion !!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

smalltown

Minister of Fire
Oct 1, 2008
Western Maine
I was outside raking trying to clean up my summer project, before the inevitable bad weather sets in. I was a good ways from the house when I heard the wife yelling to me in the cool fall air. I stopped to listen, and she shouted remember that promotion you entered for the Okies pellets. She said she had just gotten off of the phone with the dealer, and I had won 2 pallets (2.6 tons) of Okies for Maine. The pellets are in Canada she said and they were trying to figure how to get them to me (don't understand that if they are an Okies dealer). They want to take a picture of me taking delivery. You bet I'll pose for a picture, and nobody will need tell me to smile. Heck I'm smiling already! :)

I'll post a picture when they arrive.

Congratulations, Smalltown.

I can almost see the reflexion of your grin from here.

Looking forward to a picture.

Enjoy,

Ranger

Congrats!!
Bet you are grinning from ear to ear like a Cheshire Cat right now :)

Lucky!!!!!!! Of course you will share them with all your Hearth.com buddies :) right?

Congrats...Attached a self-addressed stamped MOVING TRUCK! ;-)

I wanted to post the pictures of my delivery of the 2 pallets (2.6 tons) that I had won from the Okies promotion.
It was a cold, windy, and rainy day, and I realised afterwards that I had raised my shoulders in an effort to keep warm, and as we neared the end my fingers were getting numb from the cold. Snow can't be to far in the future!!!
We unloaded as fast as we could to get the pellets out of the rain and I suspect to keep what warmth we could generate.

One picture shows Steve Barker owner of SIB wood pellets AKA Wood Pellets Warehouse from Jay Maine (http://site.sibwoodpellets.com/)in the blue jacket sporting moustache and beard and me in the black jacket, just starting my winter growth.
Two other 2 pictures show how Steve's truck is outfitted, and the third his trailer with the two pallets of Okies all factory wrapped up. The last photo is Steve congratulating me for winning the pellets.

Thanks to Viridis Energy Inc. owner of the Okies brand for running the promotion, and Steve Barker for being such a great Guy to do business with.
Lastly I wanted to say I am not pumping up the Okies brand just because I won, as I had already purchased and stacked in my garage 4 tons of Okies last summer for this season and more, after testing a number of bags of Okies last season. My Castile just loves them as they are buring much better, and a lot less ash than Maine Choice: my last season pellets. It was simply icing on the cake to win another 2.6 tons of Okies. :)

Attachments

• 2010_1104August20090009a.jpg
    2010_1104August20090009a.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 599
  • 2010_1104August20090011a.jpg
    2010_1104August20090011a.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 590
  • 2010_1104August20090015a.jpg
    2010_1104August20090015a.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 578
  • 2010_1104August20090014a.jpg
    2010_1104August20090014a.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 582
  • 2010_1104August20090008a.jpg
    2010_1104August20090008a.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 590
Congrats! I bet you will be nice and warm with those

Way cool !!!!! um, oops, Way Warm !!!!!! :)

Nice...

Congrats, Smalltown, on your good fortune. I'm glad to see that Steve Barker is treating some of his customers well.
I ordered a ton of the Maine pellets and a full 1.3 ton pallet of Oakies from Steve back in August. On the day before delivery, Wood Pellet Whse. called to confirm my order of 1 ton of each. I called back immediately to say that I wanted the full 1.3 ton pallet of Oakies. We even figured out the exact price of the sale before we hung up.
The next day I get home and find 1 ton of each of the pellets in my driveway, and my check for 2.3 tons gone. I called back the next day to express my dismay since we had just spoken on the phone about what I wanted. He called back a couple of days later and admitted that yes, he did owe me 15 more bags of Oakies and would deliver them sometime the next week. No problem, I said. The next week came and went and still no pellets. I called him back and he said he just kept forgetting to put my pallets on the truck. He said he would definitely be here by the weekend or the next week. No problem, I said.
Well, the initial delivery was on Sept. 10 and I am still waiting for my Oakies. I've seen his trucks in the area many times since then, so I know he's been around. I hate to call the Better Business Bureau on someone who's offering such great prices and free delivery, but I don't like getting taken either.

Love it. Looking to see where i can get some Okies !!!!

Some day Okies will be sold at a big box store, like HD or lowes and for a reasonable under $200 price...it's coming

Pellet-King said:
Some day Okies will be sold at a big box store, like HD or lowes and for a reasonable under $200 price...it's coming

Waiting Patiently for that Day

samm6 said:
Pellet-King said:

Waiting Patiently for that Day

After last season when Okies were sold at the BJ's clubs. I doubt it. It ticked off some dealers.

What you might see is what Energex and others are doing. There bagging them under a different name. Us smarty pants pellet buyers figure it out though! :) Hamer's has Hardwood Heat and winter Warms. Energex has Stove Chow and Premier. And there is more check here.

https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/51230/

compressedwoodsupplier I see that his prices for Okies has gone up. When I bought my original 4 tons last summer Steve was selling them for $260 per ton and that included delivery. That was the best price for Okies around!

I cant find okies in ohio. I found pennington for 180 a ton and i have 3 10 dollar off coupons which will make it 150 for a ton of pennington. i figure i would be able to find those southern indiana hardwood pellets but i cant find those either

Time for BTU to sell or be stuck!!, i can smell them real cheap this spring...

Sawdust now is on the stock exchange, symbal "saw"

Status
Not open for further replies.