1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Old Blaze King Princess stove value?

Post in 'Classic Wood Stove Forums (prior to approx. 1993)' started by VA_Brian, Nov 4, 2013.

1. VA_Brian

VA_Brian New Member

Loc:
    Port Republic
    Hello everyone- Live in Northern VA, and have an old Blaze Princess that came with the farmhouse. I'm getting rid of the stove- after a tough farming season i got to sell what I can. I have no idea what I should begin to ask for it. Can anyone give me some guidance on value? Should I sell on Craigslist? Stove has some surface rust, and isn't beautiful, but seems to be really solid. Looks like it's a pretty old stove, but not sure the year. Thanks so much.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Motor7

Motor7 Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    East TN.
    Welcome, a search of Cl and fleabay will give you a ballpark figure. Maybe some of the BK owners will chime in with a better idea on value and pictures will help. I don't think you will have any trouble selling a BK, even if it is a bit old....great stoves.
  3. mellow

mellow Resident Stove Connoisseur

Loc:
    Salisbury, MD
    Depending on condition I would start at $600-$700.
  4. mass_burner

mass_burner Minister of Fire

Loc:
    SE Mass
    any pics?
  5. VA_Brian

VA_Brian New Member

Loc:
    Port Republic
    Thanks for the replies so far- $600-700 sounds amazing. Not sure if mine meets that condition criteria- definitely needs a wire brush and some paint! IMG_1293.JPG I looked for the model number all over but couldn't find it, although you experts might know it by sight. All I found underneath where it says "Outside Air Cap P?N 3223, A component of outside air kit P/N 0150". I'll try and include some pictures. Thanks again so much.
    IMG_1296.JPG
    IMG_1297.JPG
  6. mellow

mellow Resident Stove Connoisseur

Loc:
    Salisbury, MD
    Wow that thing is rough, not seen one in that rough of condition before, I think you might be lucky to get $200-$300 for it.
  7. VA_Brian

VA_Brian New Member

Loc:
    Port Republic
    Thanks for the input, Mellow. I'll probably ask around $300 then, and go from there.
  8. BKVP

BKVP Burning Hunk

Loc:
    Walla Walla Washington
    Appears to be KTJ302 from 1978-1980.

Chris
  9. Motor7

Motor7 Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    East TN.
    If you spend a couple of hrs, wire brushing & painting it with VHT(1200 degree) paint from the auto parts store, clean out the inside and fix the bricks I bet you could do better than $300.