1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Old fashion winter Strap on the snowshoes and take a trip to the woodpile.

Post in 'The Hearth Room - Wood Stoves and Fireplaces' started by elkimmeg, Dec 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. elkimmeg

elkimmeg Guest

Real pain to walk in snow 4" over your boots. I will be spending the rest of today getting snow removed, where it was impossible
    Yesterday to do. It really helps to see where one is going. It was that bad, as bad of conditions, I have ever experienced in
    25 years plowing. I have to dig out the Backhoe. No one was prepared for such intensity and the conditions, that developed in
    a short 3 hour period.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Todd

Todd Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Lake Wissota
    Just think of the great exercise your getting! I know I tend to eat lots during this time of year and need the extra exercise.

Only about 1-2 inches on the ground here in WIS.
  3. elkimmeg

elkimmeg Guest

xcountry skies and snow shoeing Plus a whole lot of shoveling ( got to get at the wood piles)
    Ever experience Thunder snow? I think it happens partly due to Atlantic moisture and rapid intense development. This storm developed to almost hurricane status in a matter of a few hours. It even had an eye Some recorded gust were 74 mph near the ocean
    Inland where I am, probably between 40 to 60mph The guys in Nova Scotia must have gotten hammered as it was still winding up as it exited here.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.