Old Fire -View info needed

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

unit40

Aug 17, 2007
Northern Massachusetts
Hi Guys n' Gals,

My neighbor just accuired a free older Fire-View stove. They are new to wood burning and asked me to come over to take a look. Looks like the ones made in Oregon back in the late 70's early 80's. I searched the Wiki and found an info page on them , but I was hoping maybe someone here knows a little or a lot of something about those stoves so I could pass along the info. I snapped a lot of pictures just in case I needed help ID-ing the thing bit it wasn't really neccessary. No catalyst, no secondary burn, so what are they dealing with now? Is this thing a so called "smoke-Dragon"? They are installing it into their fireplace. They have a Tee with about 6 ft. of flex for it and are about to do their own installation. I don't want them to burn their house down. Any info anyone may have to offer will sure help a LOT!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.