Old Saws

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mayhem

Minister of Fire
May 8, 2007
Saugerties, NY
Got these things over the winter from a friend who got them for free from some local but unknown source. Cool yet frightening looking things. The Wrightsaw one is actually a reciprocating saw, not a chainsaw.

Need to pull them apart, clean them up and see if either one will maybe fire. Kinda cool, not planning on actually using them. Might sell them if there's any interest or value as I don't really have a whole heck of a lot of room for a chainsaw collection right now.

Lombard saw has an 18" b&c on it, Wright has a 20".

Both saw seem to have all hte right parts moving freely...starters pull ok, Wright saw doesn't recoil very well though.

Last pic is just the collection, such as it is. Just figured I'd share...if anyone knows much of anything about these thigns, feel free to chime in.

Attachments

• Lombard1.jpg
    Lombard1.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 437
  • Lombard2.jpg
    Lombard2.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 440
  • Lombard3.jpg
    Lombard3.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 436
  • WrightSaw.jpg
    WrightSaw.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 463
  • Allsaws.jpg
    Allsaws.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 428
Thats really cool. And Free!

I've seen similar Lombards before, but I don't think I've seen a Wright saw like that. interesting bar. almost looks like a carving bar on it.

Yes, the wright is a reciprocating saw, not chain.

I beleive it is a 5020, as shown in the link you have.

Pretty cool.

Anyone know if these things have any sort of value to them? Guessing not significant, but the Lombard seems to be very complete.

mayhem said:

Pretty cool.

Anyone know if these things have any sort of value to them? Guessing not significant, but the Lombard seems to be very complete.
not worth selling, but totally worth keeping.

(hows that for a valuation)

I honestly don't know what value they have (in case you were to ever need to replace them for insurance purposes). Check 'er out over on the AS. You don't see many blade saws around, so I imagine they are fairly collectible.

Danno77 said:
mayhem said:

Pretty cool.

not worth selling, but totally worth keeping.

(hows that for a valuation)

I honestly don't know what value they have (in case you were to ever need to replace them for insurance purposes). Check 'er out over on the AS. You don't see many blade saws around, so I imagine they are fairly collectible.

+1 Big slab of black walnut with those setting on top Priceless....

I just have old handsaws here going back to the 1950's, these look brilliant, I know I would clean them up and keep them displayed on the workbench.......

Or as Mrs Woodchip would say, yet more clutter to fill the shed up with....... ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.