Old VC Reliance Pellet Stove help

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Defiant

Vermont Castings Geek
Dec 5, 2007
Old Lyme CT
I have not had good luck fixing these stoves, this particular one when plugged in goes full throttle, blowers, and auger. I disconnected the snap stat on the combustion blower and the stove stopped which led me to believe this was the problem. I cannot find these snap stats anywhere, stove shops advise she buy a new stove. I still think the thermocouple is going to be the problem and not sure if the customer wants to pay for it. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated, I have read that you can get in real deep trying to fix these units.

Thanks Joe :-S

Defiant said:
.....I cannot find these snap stats anywhere, stove shops advise she buy a new stove.....

Have you tried contacting Harman to see if they have any, or can recommend a replacement that will work?

As for the stove shop....of COURSE they want the customer to buy a new stove :roll:

Imac, I called today to no avail.The technician I spoke with has been there for 11 years and told me the snap-stat as well as other parts are no longer available.

Joe,

Can you post a picture of one of these and post any numbers that are on the thing if they are not clear in the pictures.

Status
Not open for further replies.