Older BK Insert?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wazzu

Oct 30, 2009
SW Idaho
Does anyone know the older BK inserts? Looks like it may have a CAT but also looks like it is supposed to be installed slammer style because it has no round chimney outlet. Does anybody have one like this? Is there any way to put a regular chimney on it? PS its $100 on CL......

00s0s_2jMuj3d3Yg0_600x450.jpg

There are rectangle to round adapter kits. Not sure if they make one that large though.

I think that thing is more trouble than it's worth. Do you have an intended use for it?

You can get an adapter that will fit over that opening. The problem is that it takes a HUGE fireplace! Those old inserts are so big that there is no room for you to get in there to make a proper connection and that big adapter boot is up into the fireback. The blower will likely need to be repaired or replaced, that's an additional expense to keep in mind.

You can get an adapter that will fit over that opening. The problem is that it takes a HUGE fireplace! Those old inserts are so big that there is no room for you to get in there to make a proper connection and that big adapter boot is up into the fireback. The blower will likely need to be repaired or replaced, that's an additional expense to keep in mind.

I was wondering about the size of fireplace required to fit that hing into. I am thinking it will not work for me because my fireplace opening is not really too big.

Status
Not open for further replies.