1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Older Thelin gnome burn pot fix......

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by Mdw1219, Jan 31, 2013.

1. Mdw1219

Mdw1219 New Member

Loc:
    Suffern NY
    Hey guys thought i would share this with you. I have an older Thelin gnome pellet stove. While its burning i notice that occasionally pellets will overshoot or bounce over the burn pot and land in the side pits or on the ledge in front of the glass. I know what your thinking and no my pellets aren't overloading its burning perfect. While in our local stove shop i noticed the newer stoves have an updated burn pot with a higher "backboard". The side closest to glass. So i figured rather than buy a new updated one, i took mine outside and welded on a piece to the back. Problem solved, ran it all day yesterday and had no runaway pellets down the sides or in front of glass on ledge. Had a picture but i may have deleted it. Hope this helps anyone with a similar issue.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Mdw1219

Mdw1219 New Member

Loc:
    Suffern NY
    Found them ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359671739.635590.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359671750.976639.jpg
  3. stillersnut

stillersnut Member

Loc:
    south central pa.
    Nice work. I too have an older gnome, did you also bend sides to be in straight upright position?? I have always thought of designing a deeper burn pot for my gnome. Thanks for pics
  4. Mdw1219

Mdw1219 New Member

Loc:
    Suffern NY
    Yes i did they werent bent much though, but yes they are straightened.