Olive pits, wood and pellets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

David95966

Nov 3, 2013
Oroville
I live in a part of California that produces lots of olives. My land has oaks. I want to heat a 1500 sf well-insulated one-story house with a stove that can use the pits and pellets. What's the best? It seems almost no stove can also use my oak wood. Is that correct? What other questions should I be asking as someone new to stoves.

What do you have the most of, pits or oak wood? If it's wood then get a decent wood stove. You can burn the pits together with the wood or in a stainless pellet basket. If you want convenience then get a pellet stove. That will leave you with the pits and the oak wood, but it will burn the pellets with just a filling a day and most can be set up to work off a thermostat.

Status
Not open for further replies.