On going problem with MT Vernon

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

smg64ct

Hearth Supporter
Nov 21, 2006
Connecticut
Hi,

I've been having a problem with my Mt Vernon. I bought it new for last season. So far the dealer has replaced the control board twice and they replaced the thermostat once. The problem is that when I go to turn up or down the temp the thermostat goes complety blank. Sometimes it flickers and goes dim. I have to open up the thermostat and then put it back on and most of the time that fixes the problem. I just sick and tired of having to do this all the time. The stove runs great and has no problem heating the house. They just changed the control board on Saturday and the stove was fine until Wednesday and then it started acting up again.

Anyone else having this problem?

Thanks,
Steve

Check to make sure the thermostat connections are tight at stove and thermostat. Lift up on the wires at the connection of the stove. Inside the stove on the left side where the control board is the 3 wires coming off the t-stat connector should not be zip tied together, if they are cut the tie and leave wires loose.

I had a similar problem with my thermostat going blank. On the inside of the stove on the back side of where the thermostat wires connect you may find the screws are not tightened properly. I also found a spade terminal not crimped correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.