One Year Anniversary of Stove, and Thanks

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CarbonNeutral

Minister of Fire
Jan 20, 2009
Nashoba Valley(ish), MA
One year to the day since my install of my F500: https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/44538/

Just wanted to say thanks to all who helped before and since, to the admins, moderators, and to all of you. I would not have this stove working as well or looking as good if it wasn't for your help.

We've been burning off and on already for a month now - great to be back in heating season, and, my wood's a lot dryer than last year's lot...

Thanks again.

CarbonNeutral said:
One year to the day since my install of my F500: https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/44538/

Just wanted to say thanks to all who helped before and since, to the admins, moderators, and to all of you. I would not have this stove working as well or looking as good if it wasn't for your help.

We've been burning off and on already for a month now - great to be back in heating season, and, my wood's a lot dryer than last year's lot...

Thanks again.

Glad to hear it's all working out for you! It's rare I can beat Dennis to a post so here I am! :) Frankly I read and heed all of Dennis's inciteful posts as I feel he is one of the most knowledgeable and experienced wood burners here.. Sadly I can't burn until I get this damaged chimney liner situation corrected. If the insurance company will not pay I will be doing it myself and hopefully someone here will assist me.. I pretty much know that I need to get a tilebreaker and heavy duty 1/2" drill and bust out the old clay liner and do an insulated liner install from there.. I also will need to bust out the chimney crown a bit to accomodate a new SS liner.. I researched this to death plus got good advice from the fine people here so I am 100% sure I can do this and correctly to boot!

Ray

If you liked the Oslo last year in your first year of burning you'll really like it this year . . . with better wood and knowledge of how to run your stove you will find lighting fires easier and you will most likely end up with longer and more intense burns . . . I couldn't believe the difference between the first and second year of burning.

Congratulations Carbon. As Jake stated, you'll like it even better this year.

Raybonz, sorry I was so slow. lol

Backwoods Savage said:
Congratulations Carbon. As Jake stated, you'll like it even better this year.

Raybonz, sorry I was so slow. lol

:cheese: Ok Dennis I'll let ya slide this time .. I can't beat the quality of your posts so you have nothing to worry about.. Wondering when they'll make you a moderator here.. You'll get my vote anyday!

Ray

Status
Not open for further replies.